April 29, 2015

Hollow City:Miss Peregrine’s Home for Peculiar Children Series #2 REVIEW

Hollow City (Miss Peregrine’s Home for Peculiar Children #2)


This second novel begins in 1940, immediately after the first book ended. Having escaped Miss Peregrine’s island by the skin of their teeth, Jacob and his new friends must journey to London, the peculiar capital of the world. Along the way, they encounter new allies, a menagerie of peculiar animals, and other unexpected surprises.
Complete with dozens of newly discovered (and thoroughly mesmerizing) vintage photographs, this new adventure will delight readers of all ages.

I have been on a book slump for a long time now and this sequel/book saved my life! Ransom Rigg never fails to amaze me. If you loved the first book, I am so sure you will absolutely love this even more! This review is going to be short and sweet. So please for those who hasn't read the first book yet, go on and read it already! :)

I'd become a mystery they would never solve. A wound that would that would never heal.


Riveting story telling. Ransom is one of my favorite authors in the history.  The plot was unpredictable and so are the characters. The story spread through out from the main character to the supporting as well.  I dont know how the author did it but he did. And I found myself laughing out loud while reading this, its just those times where its just uncontrollable. So you have been warned, just incase you read it while travelling.  Not only that, I also was in tears! Jacob was my favorite, he is flawed but his character was so real. And Emma was the bravest girl I have ever met in a book. Loved loved every character in this book! The romance was just enough, and the plot's twists and turns was so engrossing that It was so hard to put this book down.


And the farther away she got, the faster it spun, like there was an invisible cord unreeling from it that stretched between us, and if she went too far it would snap- and kill me.  I wondered if this strange, sweet pain was love.


The story picked up where it was left off. So I didn't have any problems remembering who was who and which was which. The journey of Jacob and company will take you to another level of reading experience. RECOMMENDED! Happy reading! x








No comments:

Post a Comment

This is a spoiler-free review blog. Thanks for commenting! PLease leave you links so I could check yours out later. <3 Happy reading.